We have been reporting for a few weeks now that DeKalb County is lowering the number of trash pick ups from two times per week to once per week. Yard waste and recycling will continue to be picked up one time per week each - just as they are now. The kicker is that if it is decided to keep the rates the same as they are now - we will get 25% less service for the same money - 50% less service when looking at trash pick-up alone.
Mayor Davis said during a January 22 City Council Meeting that he thinks the one day per week pick-up may lead to really stinky trash and that he prefers the two day per week trash pick-up - but does understand that paying $40 more per year is an issue as well for some citizens.
The two likely scenarios are:
- 1 Recycling, 1 Yard Waste, 1 Trash Pickup
= Costs stay the same, lose 1 Trash Pickup.
- 1 Recycling, 1 Yard Waste, 2 Trash Pickup
= Cost will rise $40.00 per year, Service stays the same.
If you have an opinion and would like to address the Mayor or your City Councilperson beyond what you are capable of in the survey above, here is their email address information:
- Mayor J Max Davis: email@example.com
- Rebecca Chase Williams - District 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Eyre - District 2: email@example.com
- Bates Mattison - District 3: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Gebbia - District 4: email@example.com